Re: 9.5 Release press coverage

От Dave Page
Тема Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Umair Shahid <umair.shahid@gmail.com> wrote:

> With the explanations you gave, I understand better that this can not be
> guaranteed. I am sure, however, that there are steps that EDB can take to
> try and avoid such stuff. As an example, when talking to journalists, they
> can make sure the interviewee is very clear about PostgreSQL being a
> community effort, rather than an EDB product.
..
> Now that’s getting personal, but that’s ok. Yes, I used to work at EDB ... 5
> years ago ... when this wasn't a problem. The posturing was very different
> back then, community members on EDB's payroll were constantly and actively
> advising the team on what the community might get offended by and what type
> of statements to avoid. Is that still happening?

Yes - I was and remain one of the primary people doing that... and
don't forget, in this case *I* was the interviewee - this wasn't
someone with no community involvement that had the call.

I always open these calls with an introduction to the community, how
it's structured and how EDB is one of a number of companies that
contributes - and that's something I try to be very clear about, to
the extent that I've commented in numerous interviews how it's one of
the major strengths of PostgreSQL that as both companies and
individuals we can collaborate on code whilst competing in business.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company