Re: [pgAdmin4][patch] SQL Keywords extract utility

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][patch] SQL Keywords extract utility
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:43 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is a small utility which help in getting the SQL keywords used by PostgreSQL and pl/pgsql.
Note that, for pgsql code path is required as keywords are not available in any docs. So, the code paths may need to change with new release of PostgreSQL. For PostgrSQL keywords, it will fetch from the website.

Kindly review.

A few thoughts:

- The code isn't PEP-8 compliant.

- Do we really need to call pip on every invocation? Why not just add a requirements.txt file to the tools directory?

- I think we should grab the current version number for PostgreSQL from https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/index.html (get it from the title tag), then use that to construct the URL to the source, e.g. https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_scanner.c;hb=REL_11_2

- I'd suggest that the only output should be the keywords, so the output can be redirected into a file without any extra messages etc.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company