Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL Editor via the View Data context-menu

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL Editor via the View Data context-menu
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 5:31 PM, microsys.gr microsys.gr
<microsys.gr@gmail.com> wrote:
> OS Windows 10 64-bit
> Version 1.2
> Python Version 2.7.11
> Flask Version 0.11.1
> Application Mode Desktop
>
> If you open the Query tool via the View Data context-menu,
> the upper panel of the SQL Editor is not working like the editor of the
> Query tool itself (Admin3 worked and could edit select statement text).
> That is a real handicap because have to select /copy text, open a new empty
> Query tool and paste text to SQL Editor.
> It would be perfect if the SQL Editor was operational via View Data also.

This is expected - in View/Edit data mode we cannot allow arbitrary
modifications to the SQL query as we have no straightforward way of
knowing if a given query will result in data that can be updated.

I too would like to change this in the long term (and we intend to),
but it's a significant amount of work.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com