Re: Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM, CHALLIER, JEAN MARC
<jean-marc.challier@atos.net> wrote:
> Le 16/03/2016 15:46, Dave Page a écrit :
>
> The issue is that Windows XP is not supported any more, and not all of the
> toolchains in current use produce binaries that will run on it.
>

> Thank you very much for pointing this out.
>
> I guess we will have to try and rebuild it from the sources, then...
>
> We also have the option to install Windows 2003 Server instead of XP on the
> machine. By any chance, do you know whether this platform is supported by
> pgAgent ? There does not seem to be an indication of the supported versions
> of Windows in the source code.

The source code should work on any version (well, anything newer than
XP). It's the compiler that's used that is the issue. As long as you
use an MSVC++ version that supports XP you should be fine.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company