Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Feature test issues

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Feature test issues
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Atira Odhner <aodhner@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> On my top-of-the-range-last-year Mac, startup takes about 14 seconds
>> per test - that's from the start of the test, until the point at which
>> the "Loading pgAdmin..." spinner vanishes.
>

> That includes the time it takes to load the page, not just app startup time.
> The spinner doesn't appear until the app has started. We're working today on
> eliminating the multiple startups, but it won't have an effect on page load
> time. I think the only way to fix that test run time would be to actually
> improve the page load time. That said, we're seeing tests run much faster
> than you are-- 43 seconds for the entire suite of which 30 seconds was the
> two feature tests.

Right - when I talk about having a single startup, I'm not just
talking about the app server, but the browser and initial page load as
well. It may pay to have a function we can call that would reset  the
treeview and the tabset, thus allowing us to reset the view cheaply
between groups of tests (assuming we might have a number of tests that
could all run in the same query tool instance for example).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company