Re: patch for "Sequence: calculate next value to be expected"

От Dave Page
Тема Re: patch for "Sequence: calculate next value to be expected"
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the attachments.
>
> I try to make a enhancement to sequence.
> As my understanding, add a property item to properties pane.
> The nextValue is lastValue + increment;
>
> Is it right?

If looks right - but the patches don't apply (did you create it from
the master branch?). Please see the errors below. Note that the most
reliable and convenient way to create a patch is "git diff >
patch.diff". Individual patches for each file are not so convenient to
deal with.

raptor:pgAdmin3 dpage$ git apply ~/Downloads/pgSequence.cpp.patch
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.cpp.patch:9: trailing whitespace.
        nextValue = lastValue + increment;
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.cpp.patch:18: trailing whitespace.
               + GetOwnerSql(7, 3, wxT("SEQUENCE ") + GetQuotedFullIdentifier());
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.cpp.patch:26: trailing whitespace.
        properties->AppendItem(_("Next value"), GetNextValue());
error: patch failed: pgadmin/schema/pgSequence.cpp:126
error: pgadmin/schema/pgSequence.cpp: patch does not apply
raptor:pgAdmin3 dpage$ git apply ~/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch:9: trailing whitespace.
    wxLongLong GetNextValue() const
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch:10: trailing whitespace.
    {
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch:11: trailing whitespace.
        return nextValue;
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch:12: trailing whitespace.
    }
/Users/dpage/Downloads/pgSequence.h.patch:21: trailing whitespace.
    wxLongLong lastValue, nextValue, minValue, maxValue, cacheValue, increment;
error: patch failed: pgadmin/include/schema/pgSequence.h:51
error: pgadmin/include/schema/pgSequence.h: patch does not apply

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company