Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:

I'm not aware of a change to that font. The only commits I can find that reference either Menlo or monospace are these:

commit e2cbaaef7124b41be91bf34d704f0d3f61cf7b0c
Author: Matthew Kleiman <

Date:   Thu Jul 6 13:08:29 2017 +0100

    UI tweaks for the query history.

commit 7f5541205936e32b08a2183f00173a0c64019c8e
Author: Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io>
Date:   Tue Jun 27 10:55:57 2017 -0400

    Overhaul the query history tab to allow browsing of the history and full query text. Fixes #2282

    Patch by Joao and the team at Pivotal.

commit 1208206bc0eca2d135469258e8a209b983e668be
Author: Shruti B Iyer <siyer@pivotal.io>
Date:   Tue Jun 13 09:50:41 2017 +0100

    Initial re-vamp of the History tab.

Oh ok, it doesn't seem like the overwrites were intentional. I find Menlo an easier typeface to read and scan than monospace, but I'm hesitant to change it especially if there's no pain associated with Monospace. I'll send out a message on the mailing list and see what the feedback is on current typeface used.

OK.

On another note, headers for tables (for example under statistics tab) are currently bolded and 12px. Headers for dialogs are 13px and bold. To keep it consistent with other typography in the app, both should be 13px and not bolded. By updating them, they will be consistent with the editor title in the query tool which is already 13px and not bolded.

Iirc, we did some back and forth over that about 18 months ago, as dialogues didn't look quite right without the bold - and I do think that it looks a little light on your mockup. I don't think there's a hard requirement they match table headers; they are distinct types of header.

Happy to try out change though if you can workup one or more suggested patches.

Current:
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 2.24.33 PM.png

Update (these are all 13px not bolded)
Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.15.51 AM.png
Editor title in query tool (currently 13px and not bolded)
Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.16.26 AM.png

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company