Re: Bug #7728

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Bug #7728
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM, William Goh <wgoh9999@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear EnterpriseDB,
>
> I am trying to install PostgreSQL 9.2.2 on my mac 10.5.8. However, I have
> encountered the same error posted in this thread:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+RD+ki0F9m5hOo-pxCVKoFO9AqHfPxVRthF49b4pBn=hzTSTw@mail.gmail.com
> I was wondering if there is any way to get around this error and
> successfully install postgresql on my computer.

You can either use the 9.1 installer which should work on OS X 10.5,
or use an alternate distribution, such as MacPorts, which will compile
the server for your version of OS X.

Unfortunately it's hard for us to build releases that continue to
support older versions of OS X, as when we buy new build machines they
won't run older versions of OS X, and the modern versions of OS X
don't support compiling code for much older versions (they only
supplied SDKs for 10.7 and 10.8 with the last version of XCode I got
for example).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: A bug in documentation for the Query Tool PostgreSQL Version 9.2.2, Win x86-64
Сообщение: Re: A bug in documentation for the Query Tool PostgreSQL Version 9.2.2, Win x86-64