Re: feature request - automatic SSH tunnels

От Dave Page
Тема Re: feature request - automatic SSH tunnels
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Friday, April 5, 2013, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 11:30 -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> I have a feature request for pgAdmin that would help me and other users a lot,
> and I don't see it on your roadmap or TODO.
>
> This is to add to Server Registration extra fields for configuring an SSH tunnel
> so that users can use pgAdmin over an SSH tunnel without having to separately
> setup the tunnel outside pgAdmin.
>
> For example, currently users have to do something like this on the command-line
> when they want to use pgAdmin over a tunnel:
>
>    ssh -L 5423:localhost:5432 postgres@mydomain.com
>
> But ideally pgAdmin would set that up the tunnel automatically when you do a
> Connect.
>
> Even MySQL Workbench has supported this for a few years at least.
>
> How difficult would it be to add this feature, and is there any reason not to?
>
> Would it help if I monetarily sponsored an automatic SSH tunnel feature?
>
> I'm hoping this could make it into 1.18.0 at the latest, if not 1.16.x.

Surely not 1.16 as it's already out, and only bugfixes are done to this
release.

1.18, could be. I remember that one of the EDB's guy was working on
this. Not sure what the status of this patch is though.

The patch is in my inbox. We've been having trouble with it on Mac, though it works fine on Linux and Windows (and is actually in the current release version of Postgres Enterprise Manager).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company