Re: pgAgent reports failure upon success

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent reports failure upon success
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Martin French
<Martin.French@romaxtech.com> wrote:
> Apologies wrong files attached! It is Monday after all... ;o)
>

> (See attached file: connection.cpp.patch)(See attached file:
> connection.h.patch)(See attached file: job.cpp.patch)

OK, first of all, thanks for the patch. Second; please don't be
discouraged by the feedback, but if you can update the patch, I'd
appreciate it:

- You have member name of [Get|Set]LastResult which set/return a
member variable called lastStatus. These should be consistent to avoid
confusion.

- Rather than setting lastStatus to 0 or -1, why not set it to
PQresultStatus(). That seems like it would be more useful in the
future (and potentially in the log files).

- When creating the diff, please use "git diff", or if working from a
source tarball (not recommended for development) - take 2 copies and
then diff them, eg "diff -c -r pgagent-src/ pgagent-src.orig/ >
mypatch.diff". That'll put the entire patch in one file, which makes
it much easier to handle and reapply.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page