Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum
Дата
Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we tested pgAdminIII 1.22 internally and found that it works sufficient with
> Greenplum. A few minor problems are identified and we plan to work on them
> as well, but nothing serious. We however know that there are a number more
> serious problems with HAWQ (SQL on Hadoop), we plan to work on this as well.
>
> As a first step, attached is a patch which removes the "unsupported version"
> warning for Greenplum. The patch copies a bit infrastructure and prepares us
> to support later versions of Greenplum when we bump our version number after
> merging with later PostgreSQL versions. One remaining question is if the
> supported versions should stay in pgConn.cpp or move to pgAdmin3.h.

Your patch won't apply again. I have no idea why - I'm trying to do it
on my Mac, which is a *nix under the hood (they don't use Mac line
endings any more - that was the old Mac OS 9 and earlier from a decade
or so ago iirc). How are you creating them? The normal way is to do
something like:

git pull --rebase
git diff > foo.diff

My git config for the repo is basically what you get on a fresh
installation of git, with a git clone, e.g.

[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
        ignorecase = true
        precomposeunicode = true
[remote "origin"]
        url = ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master

Anyway - patch issues aside, isn't your patch essentially the same as
the one I was looking for feedback on just before release?

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACjysiUQLnddN6n=NoB_0YTmnLb9SxaSn1P9SCWNbu3f09k7Gg@mail.gmail.com#CACjysiUQLnddN6n=NoB_0YTmnLb9SxaSn1P9SCWNbu3f09k7Gg@mail.gmail.com

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com