Re: Move pgAdmin git repo to Github?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Move pgAdmin git repo to Github?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:27 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 1:08 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
We see a non-trivial amount of automated build failures caused by git timeouts and Varnish cache meditation. This is only likely to get worse as we've automated so many different build configurations, and the PostgreSQL sysadmin team don't really want to get into the business of large-scale repository hosting.

I suggest we move our primary repo to Github. Any objections?

Don't you already have a mirror there? Can't you just point the tests at that, regardless of where you keep your primary? (It is distributed after all)

I had discounted that idea as I thought the sync mechanism was done through a cron job (thus making it a potential problem when doing releases if a push doesn't hit the mirror immediately). However it does seem to be synchronous, having done a test commit and remembered the garbage we get on the output. How does that work exactly? I can't see any obvious hooks.

I'll try just shifting the build systems to use Github and see where that takes us.

That said you are of course free to change the primary for whatever reason, but this one doesn't seem like one.

And AFAIK nobody has actually reported any such issues. But it is certainly true that a lot of the git serving stuff is terribly slow -- but I was under the impression that it was mostly gitweb, since thats what people tend to report issues with...

But again, no actual objections to moving.

We get a lot of failures that look like the following. It doesn't seem to be restricted to any particular servers in our buildfarm (which have a mix of 1 and 10Gb/s network connections on a 40Gb/s backbone), and the upstream network connection is stable (per monitoring) and has 500Mb/s bandwidth which should be more than enough of course. My working theory is that it's a dozen or more clones hitting gothos at once is just too much.

Started by upstream project "pgadmin4-rpm-build" build number 12
originally caused by:Started by upstream project "pgadmin4-all-build" build number 61originally caused by: Started by user Dave Page
Running as SYSTEM
[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.
Building remotely on pgabf-centos-7 (centos-7) in workspace /home/jenkins/workspace/pgadmin4-rpm-build/label/centos-7
[WS-CLEANUP] Deleting project workspace...
[WS-CLEANUP] Deferred wipeout is used...
[WS-CLEANUP] Done
No credentials specified
Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgadmin4.git> git init /home/jenkins/workspace/pgadmin4-rpm-build/label/centos-7 # timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgadmin4.git> git --version # timeout=10> git fetch --tags --progress https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgadmin4.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* # timeout=10
ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin'
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git fetch --tags --progress https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgadmin4.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: error: RPC failed; result=52, HTTP code = 0
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2430)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2044)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.access$500(CliGitAPIImpl.java:81)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:569)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$2.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:798)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$GitCommandMasterToSlaveCallable.call(RemoteGitImpl.java:161)at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$GitCommandMasterToSlaveCallable.call(RemoteGitImpl.java:154)at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:211)at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:54)at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:369)at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)Suppressed: hudson.remoting.Channel$CallSiteStackTrace: Remote call to pgabf-centos-7	at hudson.remoting.Channel.attachCallSiteStackTrace(Channel.java:1741)	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest$ExceptionResponse.retrieve(UserRequest.java:356)	at hudson.remoting.Channel.call(Channel.java:955)	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler.execute(RemoteGitImpl.java:146)	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor673.invoke(Unknown Source)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteGitImpl.java:132)	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy71.execute(Unknown Source)	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1122)	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1167)	at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:505)	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1205)	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:574)	at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:499)	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1853)	at hudson.matrix.MatrixRun.run(MatrixRun.java:153)	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:427)
ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin'
[Boolean condition] checking [true] against [^(1|y|yes|t|true|on|run)$] (origin token: ${PUBLISH_FOR_QA})
Run condition [Boolean condition] enabling perform for step [[Send build artifacts over SSH]]
SSH: Current build result is [FAILURE], not going to run.
Finished: FAILURE

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com