Re: [pgadmin-hackers] building with Qt runtime question

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] building with Qt runtime question
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 11:22 PM, George Gelashvili
<ggelashvili@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hello Hackers!
>
> We're having trouble building the app with Qt runtime.
> We've tried running make appbundle after setting PGDIR, QTDIR, PYTHON_HOME,
> and PYTHON_VERSION environment variables. We've tried setting PYTHON_HOME to
> the roots of brew (effectively, system) python as well as the virtualenv we
> use for development without success.
>
> We see:
>>
>> ImportError: No module named site
>> Installing pip from https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py...
>> pyenv: version `2.7.12/envs/venv' is not installed (set by PYENV_VERSION
>> environment variable)
>> error: failed to install pip via get-pip.py
>> make: *** [appbundle] Error 1

That looks... weird.

> Anyone who's built an OSX pgadmin package: what are your PGDIR, QTDIR,
> PYTHON_HOME, and PYTHON_VERSION set to? Which python is active in the
> terminal you run make appbundle from? Are you doing any other setup for that
> make to succeed?

None of those are set in my build environment - I rely on the defaults.

Postgres is installed in /usr/local/pgsql (actually a symlink to
/usr/local/pgsql-9.6)
Qt is installed in the default location - ~/Qt/5.7/clang_64
For the purposes of the build, I use the system Python, and ensure I
initiate the build in a venv based on the same version (so it can
pre-process some of the docs - probably not essential the versions
match though). PYTHON_HOME defaults to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7 and
PYTHON_VERSION to 27.

See pkg/mac/build.sh.

--
Dave Page