Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Neel Patel
<neel.patel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find the patch in attachement.
>
> I have followed the below steps to test and it is not crashing now.
>
> 1) Start pgAdmin
> 2) Connect to a database
> 3) Open the query tool
> 4) Click in the scratch pane
> 5) Click the GQB tab.
>
> Can you please verify at your environment setup and let me know the output.

For the sake of the archives (I've already chatted with Neel about
this in our daily meeting), I spent an hour or so working on this
myself yesterday. The updated patch fixes the crash, but introduces
some other weird behaviour:

- Run the query tool, and open the GQB.
- Add a table, and select a couple of columns in it.
- Generate the SQL query, and note that the entire output tabset has
vanished, so there's nowhere to see results or server messages etc.

I've yet to be able to figure out what's going on here exactly -
wxWidgets seems to be calling the event handler in which the crash
occurs recursively, but through events, which makes it really hard to
debug. Debugging is ongoing though, albeit at low priority as the
issue is trivial to work around.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com