Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Some questions about configuration and thepgadmin4-v1-web package

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Some questions about configuration and thepgadmin4-v1-web package
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
pgAdmin team, Devrim:

If I install the pgadmin4-v1-web package from Yum, it's a bit unclear on
what actual configuration needs to be done after that. Things I know
need to be done:

* running setup.py
* copying the httpd/conf.d/pgadmin4-web.conf.example file to a .conf file

Things I don't know if they need to be done:

1. creating data and log directories and assigning permissions on them
2. changing the permissions on the sqlite db
3. creating a config_local.py file and setting the five settings in it

Can you clarify?  I'm working on a container, and I'll also be happy to
contribute a doc if you can clarify via email.  Thanks.

I don't know how much of that work is done by the RPMs, so Devrim will need to chime in on this one. I suspect you will need to do 1-3 though.

For a source/pip installation (would a pure Python installation be a better basis for a container?), the docs at https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/1.x/server_deployment.html should cover everything (patches to improve are always welcome of course).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company