Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:21 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for reviewing my patch.
>
> I have made changes according to your feedback.
>
> Please review updated patch.

OK, I think it's in pretty good shape now. Here's what I hope are the
last of the review comments, mostly minor things :-)

- I'm allowed to edit ENUM label names, but PostgreSQL doesn't support that.

- Security label fields resize in Edit mode. See recent changes by
Arun to fix that elsewhere.

- When editing a type, I cannot select a Grantee on the Privileges tab.
Is the grantor same as the current user?

If yes - then it is a bug, otherwise it is by design.
Because - you can not change privileges of a grantee, when it was given by some other grantor.

This is when adding new privileges - which basically doesn't work as the form won't validate because there is no grantee selected.

But - if you delete the privileges for its grantor, it will remove privileges for the privileges given by it too. (which is though, we have not yet take care, and we will do it in later.)

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

- When adding a composite type, I cannot type/select directly in the
grid, I have to expand the row.

- If I click ADD to add a new member to a composite type whilst the
previous row is expanded, the new row is added, but the expanded panel
remains linked to the first row.

- If I then click on the Edit button on the new row, I see two
expanded panels, neither of which is attached to their row (and
they're in the wrong order). I would only expect to see one panel at a
time.

- When creating an External type, the Input, Output, Send, Receive and
Analyze function lists are all blank. Is this expected? I would have
thought there would be system functions listed as there are for Typmod
in/out.

- Labels for Yes/No fields should typically end in a '?', e.g.
"Variable?", "Preferred?"

- s/Prefered/Preferred

- Why does "Range" type have a frame around it?

- If a field is there to select/display a function, it should have
"function" at the end of its label, e.g. "Canonical function"

- As above, but with type. E.g. "Element type"

- Some of the combo boxes have hint text of "Select from the list",
whilst others don't. This should be consistent.

- The colouring of "No" on the switches should be blue (see "System Schema?")

- s/Subtype/Sub-type/

- s/SubType diff/Sub-type diff function/

- Please remove the pre-9.1 support.

- In def create(self, gid, sid, did, scid), ensure error messages are
properly pluralised, e.g. 'Composite types require at least two
members' or 'External types require both Input & Output conversion
functions.'

- additional_features.sql is poorly formatted (lack of proper indentation)

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com