Re: gitmaster access

От Dave Page
Тема Re: gitmaster access
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 07:11, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
At Thu, 12 May 2022 14:44:15 +0900 (JST), Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in
> >> Thank you for the info, but unfortunately it hasn't worked.
> >> I'm going to try a slightly different steps..
> >
> > And finally I succeeded to clone from git.postgresql.org and to push a
> > commit.

\o/

> Is it git.postgresql.org, not gitmaster.postgresql.org? Interesting...

git.postgresql.org.  I still receive "Permission denied" from
gitmaster.

Yes, gitmaster is completely irrelevant here. It is *only* used for PostgreSQL itself, and only by PostgreSQL Committers.

The postgresql.git repo on git.postgresql.org is unique in that it is a mirror of the real repository on gitmaster, and doesn’t have any committers except for the account used to push commits from gitmaster. The third party browser software doesn’t know anything about that which is why it still shows the ssh:// URL despite it not being usable by anyone.

Is there some reason you thought gitmaster was relevant here (some webpage for example)? This is the third(?) someone has been confused by gitmaster recently, something both Magnus and I have been surprised by.