Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows  (Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I compiled PG 10 beta1/beta2 with "--with-perl" option on Windows and the
> extension crashes the database.
> *src/pl/plperl/Util.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched
> (got handshake key 0A900080, needed 0AC80080)*

> This is seen with Perl 5.24 but not with 5.20, 5.16. What I found is that
> the handshake function is added in Perl 5.21.x and probably that is why we
> don't see this issue in earlier versions.

Well, we have various buildfarm machines running perls newer than that,
eg, crake, with 5.24.1.  So I'd say there is something busted about your
perl installation.  Perhaps leftover bits of an older version somewhere?

Well crake is a Fedora box - and we have no problems on Linux, only on Windows.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company