Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#2989] To fix the issue in Table node

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#2989] To fix the issue in Table node
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hi Murtuza,

The code change works, and I passed the patches through our pipeline and everything is green.
Personally I would love this bug fixes to have refactored the function into smaller chunk and made it more readable so that the next time someone need to check out a problem in the same area it is easier. I understand that without a good test coverage it is hard to have confidence while refactoring, but we need to start somewhere.

Are you planning to look into this Murtuza?

@Hackers
Here is a video that I saw some time ago about refactoring existing code and code complexity that is very interesting
In this video Sandi Metz does the Gilded Rose Kata in a talk in RailsConf 2014, and with it tries to demonstrate that code can be refactored and with that it make the code much more simpler. But the journey is not always simple and the complexity will increase before it get simpler. It is a good example of something that we can try with our code.

Nice!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com