Re: Browser fixes

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Browser fixes
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks Dinesh, Guillaume. I've committed these changes locally and will push as soon as I have an internet connection again.

On Sunday, May 19, 2013, Dinesh Kumar wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for fixing these issue, and i have re-viewed and done the test cases with this patch and seems now the browser is more stable.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 20:20 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> [CCing to -support as people there have been waiting for some of these fixes]
>
> The attached patch (against master) cleans up a number of issues in
> the browser code:
>
> - It fixes the collapsing tree issue by reverting patch 1 which
> attempted to fix a bug caused by patch 2. The bug in patch 2 has been
> fixed by partially reverting some code that attempted (badly) to
> re-display objects in the treeview after they had been moved to
> another schema.
>
> - Removes the few "Apply" buttons we had, and all the supporting code
> for consistency with other dialogues and to dissuade users from
> editing function code etc. in the dialogues (as we already try to do
> with a Guru Hint).
>
> - The removal of the "Apply" buttons means that patch 3 is no longer
> required, and has been reverted to simplify the code.
>
> - The removal of the "Apply" buttons also obsoletes another bug that
> caused a crash if renaming an object and then using the Apply button.
> Dinesh had been working on a patch for this issue which was > 20KB and
> made the browser code even more complex than it is now.
>
> Patch 1: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=e97d351dcbc42a38f0054a81f37727d511087ffa
>
> Patch 2: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=3e05c4d832e5658419094c34ce0ee6959bc1d85a
>
> Patch 3: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=cb5dba55dc491107e4152bd80ec496294e449934
>
> Comments please? I'm planning on applying to master and REL-1_16.

I'm fine with reverting the 3 previous patches, and applying this one.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

--