Re: Massively annoying bug still not fixed in v1.20 :-(

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Massively annoying bug still not fixed in v1.20 :-(
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM,  <hushthatbush@hushmail.com> wrote:
> I always connect to PostgreSQL over an SSH tunnel. As such, I have no need
> for a special password for the PostgreSQL server, as it's already over a SSH
> tunnel. I assume this is how 99% of all users do things.
>
> Why, then, does it need to ask me every single time for a password, even
> though I have checked the "remember password" a billion times by now? It's
> actually pre-checked, yet keeps asking for the damn password every single
> time. It really adds up and becomes insanely annoying after the millionth
> time.
>
> Please fix the bug where it asks and ask for a password even when you have
> checked the checkbox to remember the (empty) password.

It's not going to work because when using an SSH tunnel we have to use
a random port number for the client end of the tunnel. When libpq (not
pgAdmin) tries to match the connection details against those that are
stored, it will often fail because the port number won't match.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company