Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2011, at 1:51 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> All of the internal logging goes to the file if specified, or stdout,
>> with the exception of a couple of serious errors, like "failed to open
>> the logfile". wxWidgets might be writing some of it's own logging
>> output to stderr though I guess.
>
> No, I mean that STDERR output from my batch scripts does not appear to be logged anywhere. Is there any way for
pgadminto capture output from batch scripts and log it somewhere, or do they need to do their own logging?

> Would be handy for such output to appear somewhere in the job history…

Oh, OK. We use popen() to execute the task on *nix, and that only
reads STDOUT, so you should handle redirection in your script. I did
spend some time look at this a few years back as I recall, and didn't
find a fix I was happy with.

>> wxWidgets isn't just a GUI library - it consists of various individual
>> libraries offering different features, some of which are GUI related,
>> and some are not. pgAgent doesn't use any of the GUI ones, so there's
>> no requirement to install any GUI components on your server (unless
>> your chosen packaging for wxWidgets doesn't separate the GUI and
>> non-GUI parts of course).
>
> Okay. Pity it’s not 64-bit yet, though.

It is on platforms other than Mac (which will add 64bit support in
wxWidgets 3.0).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions