Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server
Дата
Список pgsql-www
So lore.postgresql.org was migrated successfully and is now running on the new ESXi host. dominion.postgresql.org failed however, due to what appears to be an incompatibility in the virtual disk formats. We're going to try again tomorrow, this time probably using VMware vCenter Convertor Standalone instead of a simple file transfer. The fun will begin at 9AM.

For now, the old server is up and running again.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
FYI, this work has been delayed until Wednesday starting 9AM UK time.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 17:14, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> We're refreshing the hardware on which the Nagios, Munin and
> automirror services run. As this box is a VMware virtual machine,
> there will be downtime whilst it's moved to the new host. I'm working
> with the hosting provider to plan this, but it'll probably be done on
> Monday.

When it's brought back, please do a check to see that it doesn't end
up spewing out hundreds of monitoring messages as it comes up, in case
it was running for a while without proper access to the network..
That's quite annoying, and I've seen it happen in other such
migrations...

Other than that, +1 :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server
Сообщение: Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server