Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature_1535]: Pressing ESCfrom within a dialog box should act like "Cancel" button

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature_1535]: Pressing ESCfrom within a dialog box should act like "Cancel" button
Дата
Ответ на [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature_1535]: Pressing ESC from within a dialogbox should act like "Cancel" button  (Surinder Kumar <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Ответы Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature_1535]: Pressing ESCfrom within a dialog box should act like "Cancel" button  (Surinder Kumar <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The attribute key for Ok, Save buttons should be mapped to 13(Enter),
> for Help - 112(F1) and
> for Cancel - 27(Esc)
> The above changes are made into all dialog related template files.
>
> PFA patch and review.

Looks good. Just a couple of thoughts:

- You've missed the object property dialogues. This really needs to be
consistent across all dialogues :-)

- The behaviour with Enter is a bit odd, because priority will be
given the the focussed control to handle it. That's what we want if
it's a text area for example, but on the other hand, if you open the
Preference dialogue, then the Help button gets focus first, so Enter
there will end up opening the docs. I suspect in most cases the
behaviour you've got is fine, so I'm not inclined to change it. <plays
a little> Hmm, I see similar behaviour in some other apps. Let's leave
it as you've done it :-)

Please add support for the properties dialogues, then I think we're good to go.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com