Re: crypto library is not installed

От Dave Page
Тема Re: crypto library is not installed
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 11:32 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
>> <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
>>>

>>> Yes, I know how to fix this. My question is: why is "configure" not
>>> checking
>>> for this library, when it is required to build pgAdmin3?
>>

>> Noone wrote the code I guess. Patches welcome :-)
>

> Just checking the code: why is it even requiring "crypto" when compiling
> without --with-openssl?

That's actually the likely reason why we don't do that test. It seems
to be required because we're linking with libpq which is linked with
OpenSSL, apps linking to it (on some platforms) also need to link with
libcypto. It may also be that an element of bitrot has crept into that
configure option - I very much doubt anyone has tested without SSL
support in a long time.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com