Re: Adding PgLife link

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Adding PgLife link
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> Sorry, I don't understand "all things about the community run on
>> postgresql.org".  You are right that almost all the information in
>> pglife is somewhere on the postgresql.org website, or linked to it;
>> perhaps that what you meant.
>
> My hope would be that someone on the core team would be looking to
> extend postgresql.org, not encourage links to their own personal
> sites.
>
> If we discussed this without knowing who the person proposing this
> was, it would never be allowed.

We have a number of links on the website to third-party PostgreSQL
sites over which we have no control and don't necessarily know the
owners.

> I'm sure you have no ulterior motive, but you would set a precedent
> that would be hard to unravel when others request the same.
>
> Please add pglife.postgresql.org and host things there directly.

That is not Bruce's decision to make, it is the decision of the
sysadmin team who are responsible for the maintenance and day to day
running of all postgresql.org services. The sysadmin team will only
provide hosting for services that can be properly and efficiently
managed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com