Re: depends.js and sql.js

От Dave Page
Тема Re: depends.js and sql.js
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi Ashesh,

Any reason the above files are in static directories? Both have
strings in them that should be translated.
When it was implemented initially, I was not in mood to keep the translation message in individual file.
And, as it does not have any other dynamic data, we kept it in static directory.

Then - we added the messages later.
I am thinking to create a common javascript, which can keep translatable messages in at centre location for tightly couple modules.
We're currently using those type of messages in pgBrowser.messages object.

That's a good idea. Minimise the number of templates to process.

FYI, I'm not overly sure what needs to be done to move them these days
- I haven't looked into the require code at all.
We need to put the javascript, when there is some dynamic code needs to be generated, then we should put it in templates, and rest should go in static directory.

I look forward to seeing your patch :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com