Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] To fix the issue in Debugger module

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] To fix the issue in Debugger module
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks, patch applied.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave

Please find updated patch,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

I'm unable to properly test this, as the debugger doesn't even seem to
launch for a non-superuser. I just get a white tab, and a whole lot of
polling indefinitely. Can you debug if you're not a superuser, but you
own the function?

I tested this scenario both ways,
1) Direct debugging: I was able to debug function, when debugger library is loaded via shared preload libraries and also when it is not loaded.
2) Indirect debugging: I was not able to debug.
So, I have added the validation in both Server and Client side, Now we will not show the option for the same if user is non-super user.

Looking at the patch itself, I wonder if the logic is still a little
off. You need to be a superuser to use indirect debugging (because of
the DOS potential), so shouldn't the superuser check be changed to "if
!superuser then throw error"? As it is, if you're not superuser then
it just skips the check for the plugin, which seems like it'll never
end well.

Fixed.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala