Re: [pgAdmin][RM3782] Debugger title should show connection andobject details

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin][RM3782] Debugger title should show connection andobject details
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:03 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to add more information on connection details to debugger panel title and content title similar to Query Tool and View/Edit data.
Adding the object name with arguments is not a good idea for the panel title, so I have kept to connection details similar to query tool. The content title will have all the details.

Kindly review.

I think not having the function name in there is a big limitation.

With all this hacking going on, I think what we need to do is stop and make this configurable as has been both requested by users and suggested by us.

I propose adding 2 preference options for each tab type. Each of these would be a string with placeholders, one for the tab title, and one for the tab tooltip. For example:

- Query Tool
  * Placeholders: %DATABASE%, %SERVER%, %USERNAME%, %PORT%, %HOST%
  * Tab title default: %DATABASE% on %SERVER%
  * Tooltip title default: Query Tool: %DATABASE% on %USERNAME%@%SERVER%

- View Data
  * Placeholders: %TABLE%, %SCHEMA%, %DATABASE%, %SERVER%, %USERNAME%, %PORT%, %HOST%
  * Tab title default: %SCHEMA%.%TABLE% in %DATABASE% on %SERVER%
  * Tooltip title default: View/Edit Data: %SCHEMA%.%TABLE% in %DATABASE% on %USERNAME%@%SERVER%

- Script
  * Placeholders: %ACTION%, %OBJECT%, %SCHEMA%, %DATABASE%, %SERVER%, %USERNAME%, %PORT%, %HOST%
  * Tab title default: %ACTION% %SCHEMA%.%OBJECT% in %DATABASE% on %SERVER%
  * Tooltip title default: %ACTION% Script: %SCHEMA%.%OBJECT% in %DATABASE% on %USERNAME%@%SERVER%

- Debugger
  * Placeholders: %FUNCTION_ARGS%, %FUNCTION_NOARGS%, %SCHEMA%, %DATABASE%, %SERVER%, %USERNAME%, %PORT%, %HOST%
  * Tab title default: %FUNCTION_NOARGS%.%OBJECT% in %DATABASE% on %SERVER%
  * Tooltip title default: Debugger: %SCHEMA%.%FUNCTION_ARGS% in %DATABASE% on %USERNAME%@%SERVER%

Or something like that. Thoughts?

--
Dave Page