Re: Kerberos support broken on MSVC builds for Windows x64?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Kerberos support broken on MSVC builds for Windows x64?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:21 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 2:47 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Dave Page (dpage@pgadmin.org) wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 5:29 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Dave Page (dpage@pgadmin.org) wrote:
> > > Attached is a patch against 12.4 for the build system in case anyone
> > wants
> > > to play (I'll do it properly against the head branch later). I'm guessing
> > > this will work for < 12, as with 12 I'm now getting the following which
> > > looks like it's related to GSS encryption:
> > >
> > > "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\pgsql.sln" (default target)
> > (1) ->
> > > "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\pgcrypto.vcxproj" (default
> > > target) (2) ->
> > > "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj" (default
> > > target) (3) ->
> > > (Link target) ->
> > >   be-secure-gssapi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol setenv
> > > referenced in function secure_open_gssapi
> > > [C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj]
> > >   .\Release\postgres\postgres.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> > > externals [C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj]
> > >
> > > I'll dig into that some more.
> >
> > Yes, that'd be in the GSSENC code, which I hadn't been expecting to be
> > used under Windows.  If you're successful, I don't have any issue
> > helping to make that work, though I'm curious if you're trying to build
> > with MIT KfW (which is rather ancient these days, being based on krb5
> > 1.13 and not updated since..) or with a more current release...?
>
> I'm currently using the KFW 4.1 build from MIT. I've tried building it
> myself but it requires a very old toolchain (which defeated the point of
> what I was trying to do at the time).

> I haven't yet looked to see if the source for krb5-1.8.2 will build or even
> has the right bits in it for Windows - as I'm sure you know MIT seem to
> maintain an entirely different version for Windows for which I assume
> there's a reason.

I'm a bit confused as to why you'd consider trying 1.8.2- did you mean
1.18.2 there, perhaps..?

Yes, typo.

That's what I would think to try, since, as I
understand it from following the Kerberos Dev list (which is pretty
responsive...) has been updated to work with newer Windows build
toolchains.

OK, will try to do that tomorrow.

Thanks!

OK, so 1.18.2 builds OK. It's a bit of a faff, but nothing major. It seems to work fine as a standalone set of tools.

Of course, they've changed the installation paths again - they've dropped the i386 and amd64 parts from the library path :-/

So having rebuilt PostgreSQL against that, I'm now in the situation where the server never even attempts to get a ticket as far as I can see, and psql just crashes with nothing more than a useless error in the event log:

Faulting application name: psql.exe, version: 14.0.0.20246, time stamp: 0x5f50e477
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0xd10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d681f189a17360
Faulting application path: C:\pg\bin\psql.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: eb68d787-1c82-420d-8878-bc0648932a5d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So I'm going to have to break out the debugger, though I suspect this may require more effort than I have time for right now.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com