Re: PG-Admin 4 - SSH-Tunneling

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PG-Admin 4 - SSH-Tunneling
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Urs Brauchli <urs.brauchli@update.ch> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I downloaded and installed PGAdmin 4 and now I'm trying to set up an
> SSH-Tunnel via Terminal, since the option is no longer present in the
> connection-Window.

Correct. We hope to implement it for v2.0.

> But - it fails. Whenever I try to connect, PGAdmin tells me:
>
> Unable to connect to server:
>
> SSL error: unknown protocol
> expected authentication request from server, but received S
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is PGA4 just unable to use the tunnel?

I just tried it here and it works fine for me. I setup a tunnel as follows:

ssh -f dpage@hostname.enterprisedb.com -L 5999:
hostname.enterprisedb.com:5432 -N

Of course, you should be able to use a different host for the SSH
tunnel (the first hostname) than the target (the second hostname) if
appropriate in your environment. Then, I added a server to pgAdmin
with a host address of 127.0.0.1 and port 5999 and logged in as
normal.

I was running on Mac, but the same procedure should work on Linux. On
Windows, there's a tunnelling app in Putty iirc, but I don't know how
to use it offhand.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com