Re: Featured users page

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Featured users page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 10 September 2012 11:15, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, September 10, 2012 1:08 pm, Dave Page wrote:
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
>>>
>>> This page hasn't been maintained in years, and is largely obsoleted by
>>> various other resources, such as the case studies section of the
>>> website.
>>>
>>> Any objections to removing it?
>>
>> +1 for removing. It was good for the old days that we were trying to gain
>> some ground, but now we cannot keep track of even big users.
>
> -1 for removing. Having an old list just means spammers have a hard
> time using it for bad things.

I don't see how spammers would use it in any meaningful way - it's
just a list of companies that have used PG in the past, and I'm pretty
sure that's not a category of email addresses "marketing" companies
get asked for a lot! :-).

> +1 for improving and updating.

Are you volunteering to help? This is a large part of the issue - most
people get directed to the Software Catalog now, and the rest never
get added to the page because it's been on the unofficial "deprecated"
list for a long time. Bar a few minor updates, it hasn't really been
touched in nearly 7 years.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com