Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> On 10/03/2011 12:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> >
>> > I was never exactly thrilled with the separate-config-directory design
>> > to start with, so I'm probably not the person to opine on whether we
>> > could get away with removing it.
>> >

>> The horse has well and truly bolted. We'd have a major row if anyone
>> tried to remove it. Let's not rehash old battles. Our only option is to
>> make it work as best we can.
>
> I disagree.  If people were using it we would have had many more bug
> reports about pg_ctl not working.

Debian/ubuntu packages and our own project infrastructure use it.
Though, there is a non-trivial script wrapping it, presumably to try
to make it work properly, and handle side-by-side installations of
different major versions.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories