Re: pgadmin4 usage as of web proxy for developers

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin4 usage as of web proxy for developers
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:29 PM Mickael Curty <mickael@curty.fr> wrote:
Good afternoon,

As the new pgadmin (pgadmin4) rely on web browser for the display,  I wanted to use it like a 'phpMyAdmin', .. for postgresql, in a replacement of phppgadmin.

But its user management make it hard (maybe I'm wrong about that) to plug it to a corporate ldap authentication and preconfigure server that users will use with their own credentials.

Despite I know how to plug our active directory servers to PAM, there are 2 points to handle :
- how to make pam the way to authenticate users
- how to let users use their own credentials for pre configured servers - I'd like them to use their own user instead of configuring servers with mutualized users.

Is there something planned to make this possible ?
or is it already possible to work this way ?

It's planned, but not yet implemented: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2186

I found no info over internet about this.

Thank you very much for some help :)

here are the step I used for my 'server side' installation of pgadmin 4, for information.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company