Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
>
>>> Hang on, I removed support for OpenSSL < 0.9.8 a while ago. Narwhal shouldn't even compile with 0.9.6.
>
>> Oops, sorry - I found another copy in the Mingw installation that it
>> must be using (Mingw/Msys was a mess back then). I only have the
>> header files to go by, but it looks like the very first 0.9.8 release.
>
> Is it possible that there's a header-vs-executable version mismatch
> contributing to the problem here?  (Although you'd think we'd have
> hit it before now, if so.)

We're not actually calling the openssl binary are we? There's an
openssl binary only in the Msys installation (the really old version),
and headers/libraries but no executable in the Mingw installation.

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team