Re: pgadmin4 with nginx

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin4 with nginx
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> First of all  thanks for great job you’ve done !!

You're welcome.

> I’d like to use pgadmin4 with nginx, is there any config tutorial, help or
> any clue how to configure both?
>
> I’m using nginx as ssl proxy for other tomcat applications and I’d like to
> use it for pgadmin4 too.

I've never tried with nginx. It should be possible to get it working
though, provided that it can support a single process, multi-thread
WSGI application. Using more than one process will not work as there's
no way to maintain affinity between a client session and a backend
worker process, which is required because of the connection manager in
pgAdmin which ensures that database connections are reused by the
right sessions and tools. If you have multiple processes, then you
also have multiple connection managers, so there's no way to ensure
that a Query Tool or Debugger session (for example) will get the
correct connection each time it does something.

In Apache we'd typically suggest starting with 1 process and 25
threads in the worker. Increase the number of threads if needed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company