Re: building pgadmin4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: building pgadmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Willy,
>>
>> pgAdmin4 is in very primarily stage.
>> And, nothing much has been done, which can be helpful.
>>

> Hi Ashesh,
>
> Thanks for answering.
> I realise that PgAdmin is probably not yet usable.
> I would like to see how for you have come developing and if i can understand
> how it works.
> I would like to be able to make a contribution to the code, and to find out
> how steep the learning curve is for that.
>
> Building the code seems like a logical first step.

It doesn't even connect to a database yet. I've just worked on some
very basic infrastructure for hosting a Python web app within a
desktop application.

> I've installed qtquick1-5-dev, but that doesn't help.
> What kind of environment do you (or dave?) use to develop it? I'm on a vm,
> so i could use pretty much anything.
> Right now i'm on ubuntu 13.10 amd64

As far as I know, I'm the only person that has ever built this so far.
I use QT 5.0.2 on Mac OSX. I have tested (quite a few commits ago) on
CentOS 6, using some version of QT 4 that I no longer recall. On Mac,
it should build out of the box with a standard installation of QT 5,
and it did with QT 4 on CentOS last time I tried. I don't know what
the "quick" module is (I'm a QT newbie) - it's not something I've
explicitly added.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com