Re: Future of "Apply" button

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Future of "Apply" button
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM, tarmo sepp <tarmosepp.sepp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any hope to get back "Apply" button at least for functions?

Not unless someone writes a good, clean reliable implementation, which
seems unlikely.

> After
> removal of this button my productivity decreased significantly. It was very
> convenient to apply changes and to check result in real time. Especially
> when you're programming mostly stored functions and some of the functions
> are very long.
>
> I my case there are around 1100 functions and average length is 150 lines.
> IMHO buggy "Apply" button was much better than no button at all.

We've discouraged the use of the properties dialogue for that purpose
for many years - there's even a Guru Hint that tells you not to use
them that way. You should use the "CREATE SCRIPT" option on a
function, and edit it using the query tool which gives you much more
advanced editing features.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com