Re: PATCH: Schema/Catalog Node [pgAdmin4]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: Schema/Catalog Node [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Ashesh Vashi
>> <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> As per my conversation with Murtuza, who has already implemented
>>> catalog_obejcts for this kind of catalogs, these objects are only supported
>>> for catalogs like information_schema (and, PPAS specific dbo, sys).

>>> Please find the patch as per his input.
>>>

>> Can you split out the new changes please? I just spent 30 minutes tweaking
>> the last patch.
>
> Sure.
> Here is the patch based on the v10 patch.

Thanks - patch committed. I made the following changes:

- Removed explicit support for 9.0 and below.
- Hid the default ACLs from the properties list for catalogs.
- Tidied up some of the SQL formatting

Open questions:

- We don't allow default ACLs to be specified when creating a schema
(neither does pgAdmin). Why not? Shouldn't we?
Hmm.. I don't see any reason, why we should not do it.
We have adopted that from pgAdmin III.

- We create new objects in 2 SQL statements, one that runs create.sql
and one that runs alter.sql to apply ACL, label options and more. I
strongly believe we need to push this into a single statement for all
object types, to ensure creation is completely atomic. Right now, you
can easily get an error by trying to set an unregistered security
label, which keeps the create dialogue open, however the object has
been successfully created.
Agree.
Even if they needed to be created from two, or more separate templates, they should ran together unless there are some statements, which require to run in separate transaction.

OK, I added tasks to do both to our internal tracker.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company