Re: PATCH: To fix the issue in Debugger module (pgAdmin4)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: To fix the issue in Debugger module (pgAdmin4)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I faced the same issue when I initially tried that, but then as per Neel
> suggestion I changed SELECT pg_sleep() to PERFORM pg_sleep() in function.
> You will face the same in pgAdmin3 if you use select pg_sleep() in your
> function the debug call never returns from DB server.

In which case, doesn't that imply the debugger is missing critical
debug info? If I run the query in the query tool, I get:

====
INFO:  EMPNO    ENAME
INFO:  -----    -------
ERROR:  query has no destination for result data
HINT:  If you want to discard the results of a SELECT, use PERFORM instead.
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function list_emp() line 11 at SQL statement

Query returned successfully in 2 secs.
====

It seems to me that the debugger should be able to give the same error.

Regardless of that, I'll test with PERFORM.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com