Re: Regarding pgAdmin browser support

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Regarding pgAdmin browser support
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 at 13:59, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 6:08 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 at 13:24, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

The current browser support is quite outdated - https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#11 and most modern libraries like (https://mui.com/) MUIv5 do not even support them.
That said, we should reconsider the min browser version supported to at least allow moving MUI v4 to v5.
As per migration guide https://mui.com/guides/migration-v4/, the minimum browser version supported are:
Chrome 90 (up from 49)

2021-04-14

Edge 91 (up from 14)

2021-05-27

Firefox 78 (up from 52)

2020-06-30

Safari 14 (macOS) and 12.5 (iOS) (up from 10).

2020-09-16

So the youngest one of those is still over a year old. Which I think is fine.

The only problem is pgAdmin supports macOS 10.15 which ships Safari 15. But since we're shipping with NWjs, the users of this should be negligible.

I'm not sure why that's a problem, given that MUI supports Safari 14+?
My bad, macOS 10.15 ships with Safari 13. :/

It shipped with it, but as long as you've updated you should have v14 (v15 dropped support for Catalina).

I don't think that's an issue.

Сообщение: Re: Regarding pgAdmin browser support
Сообщение: Re: Regarding pgAdmin browser support