Re: SSH Tunneling Patch

От Dave Page
Тема Re: SSH Tunneling Patch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Some feedback based on this version:

- On the first connection attempt, if I get the SSH password wrong,
the entire Server dialogue is dismissed, losing all the connection
details I entered. I would expect the dialogue to be re-displayed so I
could correct the error and try again.

- Incorrect ownership/permissions on the identity file result in a
mysterious "Authentication by identity file failed with error code
-16" error. I think this needs to be improved - if that error code
relates purely to being unable to read the file, then we can
special-case it.

- When browsing for the identity file, you cannot browse to a "dot"
directory, e.g. I can't use /home/dpage/.ssh/id_rsa as my identity
file, without manually editing ~/.pgadmin3

- We seem to read/write a setting called PublicKeyFile, but from what
I can see, it's always empty and it's not something we request from
the user. Is it needed?

- SSH Tunnel options are not displayed on the Properties list for the server.

- On a Linux VM on my laptop, SSH tunnelling fails:

2013-03-15 04:03:34 INFO   : Attempting to create a connection object...
2013-03-15 04:03:34 STATUS : Connecting to database...
2013-03-15 04:03:35 INFO   : getaddrinfo failed with error code: -2
2013-03-15 04:03:35 STATUS : Connecting to database... (1.37 secs)
2013-03-15 04:03:35 INFO   : pgServer object didn't initialise because
the user aborted.
2013-03-15 04:03:35 ERROR  : SSH error: Unable to resolve host:
viper-centos6.ox.uk.enterprisedb.com

I was connecting to a host that I shall call foo.enterprisedb.com,
using an SSH tunnel to bar.enterprisedb.com. The hostname shown in the
error message is the hostname my VM is configured with in
/etc/sysconfig/network, but it is *not* in either /etc/hosts or DNS. I
would expect it to be using "localhost" to connect to the local
machine. Hard-coding the hostname that way (around line 204 in
sshTunnel.cpp) seems to resolve the issue.

So, overall, nothing seems to be serious wrong on Windows or Linux
from what I can see. Now to look at Mac...