Re: Macro Support UI Design

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Macro Support UI Design
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:36 AM Chethana Kumar <chethana.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 11:59 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 11:54 AM Chethana Kumar <chethana.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

I am sort of ok with Khushboo's design solution which re-uses the existing UI element called sub-node control.

At the same time, I wanted to increase the ease of use and less cluttered there.
So for that, I had to get rid of the subnode control to come up with the new thoughts on to it.

I have come up with 2 samples where they have a different way of clearing multiple shortcut keys.

Sample1-
sample1.jpg

I like this design (Sample1)

Yes me too because the interaction pattern is as same as the "checkbox" one that we have seen already.
It just inherits the interaction pattern of it.

But let see what others feel.

I prefer Sample1. Sample2 makes more sense when you're doing something "atomic" on a group of objects (e.g. dropping a bunch of tables at once). Here it seems like you're not likely to ever do that; you'll most likely be working on one macro at a  time.

It also requires fewer clicks.

---
Chethana Kumar

Sample2
sample2.jpg

Annotation-

manage_macro.png

Functionality Animation -
manage_macro.gif

I have also attached icon for 'macro' and I have a small correction with the dropdown menu as shown below -

option.png

Correction as Manage macro... in place of Manage Macro

I need your comments on the same.

----
Chethana Kumar