Re: Seriously? MASTER PASSWORD REQUIRED Again?!#$@!

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Seriously? MASTER PASSWORD REQUIRED Again?!#$@!
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> wrote:
Aditya,

That's new.  I have kept that setting in that file ever since the it was introduced.  This is the *first* time it's been removed.

Then you must not have been using one of our packages. If memory serves, you run on Windows, in which the code to write a platform-specific config_distro.py with every installation/upgrade on Windows was added on 16 June 2016:

Documentation of Master Password feature:

Relevant section of config*.py files:

There are multiple configuration files that are read at startup by pgAdmin. These are as follows:

  • config.py: This is the main configuration file, and should not be modified. It can be used as a reference for configuration settings, that may be overridden in one of the following files.
  • config_distro.py: This file is read after config.py and is intended for packagers to change any settings that are required for their pgAdmin distribution. This may typically include certain paths and file locations. This file is optional, and may be created by packagers in the same directory as config.py if needed.
  • config_local.py: This file is read after config_distro.py and is intended for end users to change any default or packaging specific settings that they may wish to adjust to meet local preferences or standards.This file is optional, and may be created by users in the same directory as config.py if needed.
Can you point out the section that states config_distro.py will be overwritten on upgrade (I can't seem to find it)?

It doesn't - much as it doesn't say that any of the other few hundred files we install may be updated.

What it does clearly say is that the config_distro,py is for use by *packagers* and config_local.py is for use by *end users*.

Can you explain *why* it just started replacing (in in the process removing the MASTER_PASSWORD_REQUIRED = False statement) it in the 4.14 upgrade, but not before?

Thanks,

rik.