Re: Regarding RM #3316 Pgadmin4 No Tray Crash

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Regarding RM #3316 Pgadmin4 No Tray Crash
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:03 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018, 18:32 Dave Page, <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I have implemented the fix for RM #3316 "Pgadmin4 No Tray Crash". I have implemented it as follows:
  • Check the availability of System Tray for 30 seconds (no changes made here).
  • If System Tray not found create one Floating Window with menu. (Refer attached screenshot).
  • I have remove close(x) button of the floating window.
  • Fedora have "Quit" menu for the applications, so I have handle the close event and shutdown the python server.
I have tested this on Fedora-28 (no system tray) and Ubuntu 18.04 (with system tray).

Please review the screenshot and suggest changes (if any). I'll send the patch later.

What does the window look like without the menu? I'd suggest putting a Slonik image there, and maybe a note (or a button to display a note) saying that installing a system tray plugin can be used to hide the window.

     You mean instead of "pgAdmin4" menu we should add toolbar with button having slonik image and when click on there submenus will be open.

No - I assume that's a drop down menu over a blank window? I'm suggesting something to fill the blank space.

   Attached are the screenshot after adding 'Slonik' icon and 'Note'.

Looks good - though please fix the aspect ratio so it doesn't squish the logo. I may tweak the message in review.

Should we allow user to resize the floating window? Definitely not maximize, because icon gets blurred.

No - but it should be minimisable.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Regarding RM #3316 Pgadmin4 No Tray Crash
Сообщение: Re: Regarding RM #3316 Pgadmin4 No Tray Crash