Re: PATCH: To fix the issue where message panel was showing incomplete info (pgAdmin4)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: To fix the issue where message panel was showing incomplete info (pgAdmin4)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch to fix the issue where message panel was showing incomplete info.
> We may still miss some messages from Psycopg2 driver due to limited size of
> notices queue.
> (RM#1523)

A few thoughts on this (mostly based on my discussions with Ashesh):

1) You seem to have removed the poll delay. I assume that is to try to
avoid missing messages? Can we re-introduce the delay (to avoid
excessive network requests), but collect messages while we're waiting?

2) If I run VACUUM, whilst I see messages as I should now, there is no
query time summary as there is for a query that returns data.

3) Can we incrementally display messages? e.g. each time we poll, we
add the new messages to the messages div, and scroll to the end
automatically?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com