Re: [pgadmin-support] Restoring Db

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Restoring Db
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-support] Restoring Db  (Irina Mileva <imileva@transfermate.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
With respect, your email did not ask anything about helping out with the project - you thanked me for my work on the project, and then told me that jQuery wasn't stable and was a bad choice for pgAdmin. I haven't replied yet as I'm on vacation and only sporadically reading email.

Whilst I respect any informed opinions about our work, people will always disagree occasionally. I did a lot of research before choosing the technologies we use, including consulting with a number of people I know who are very experienced web developers, and none of them suggested using anything other than jQuery. At this point, changing that would be near impossible as it's so heavily used.

As you can imagine, a project as large as pgAdmin 4 is bound to have issues that get missed despite our best efforts at QA (as well as some we deem acceptable to meet our timelines). We're continuing to invest significant amounts of developer time to further improve the application, and are prioritising issues (and missing features) requested by users in the field. You can follow the progress we're making on the pgadmin-hackers mailing list, or by checking the commits to the git repository.

We're happy for users to contribute to the project. If you wish to work on bugs or features, you can find them listed on the tracker at https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues. Obviously we prefer people to work on tickets based on their target version and priority, but you are free to contribute as you see fit. All we ask is that you let us know if you're working on something to avoid duplicated effort, and for new features, propose your design on the mailing list to ensure we're happy with the direction you intend to take.

Regards, Dave