Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature 3564 pgAdmin4 should have shortcuttools bar for frequently used features

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature 3564 pgAdmin4 should have shortcuttools bar for frequently used features
Дата
Ответ на Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature 3564 pgAdmin4 should have shortcuttools bar for frequently used features  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks! Patch applied.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 8:03 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 7:38 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I have implemented the Feature #3564 pgAdmin4 should have shortcut tools bar for frequently used features. As per discussion I have added buttons on the "Browser" Panel.

Thanks to Ashesh as he has modified the wcDocker code and added following:
  • Added support to specify parent class which will be added to the parent node of the wcFrameButton. This is required for the identification of the button and enable/disable it.
  • Added support to enable/disable the wcFrameButton using label.
Attached is the patch file which contains implementation and feature test. There is a change in package.json file, so need to run yarn install after applying the patch.

Very nice!

Couple of pieces of feedback:

- Are there any relevant docs that need updating?

     Updated.

- Can we make the buttons look like regular toolbar buttons (only smaller)? They look quite different from the toolbar buttons on the query tool and debugger, and I think should have the same stying (not that of the tabset control buttons which I'd argue are semantically different in purpose).

   Fixed. Please find attached patch file.

Almost there :-). The buttons are still not quite a match - in Chrome they seem to differ from the main toolbar buttons in a couple of ways:

- The border shown on mouseover looks darker/bolder.

- The background colour doesn't change on mouseover as the toolbar buttons do.

    Fixed both the above. Attached is the latest patch.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com