Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 16:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2022-Jul-20, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'll try to do some research later today to identify anything else
>> we need to mark in plpgsql.  I recall doing some work specifically
>> creating functions for pldebugger's use, but I'll need to dig.

> I suppose you're probably thinking of commit 53ef6c40f1e7; that didn't
> expose functions directly, but through plpgsql_plugin_ptr.  Maybe that
> one does need to be made PGDLLEXPORT, since currently it isn't.

After some experimentation, it does not need to be marked: pldebugger
gets at that via find_rendezvous_variable(), so there is no need for
any explicit linkage at all between plpgsql.so and plugin_debugger.so.

Along the way, I made a quick hack to get pldebugger to load into
v15/HEAD.  It lacks #ifdef's which'd be needed so that it'd still
compile against older branches, but perhaps this'll save someone
some time.

Thanks Tom - I've pushed that patch with the relevant #ifdefs added.

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team

Сообщение: Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70
Сообщение: Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70