Re: WX Widgets Version

От Dave Page
Тема Re: WX Widgets Version
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Richard PALO <richard@netbsd.org> wrote:

> Le 26/02/15 17:47, Dave Page a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Datatone Mail List
>> <lists@datatone.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I have WX Widgets 3.0.2, which includes WX Widgets 2.8 compatibility.
>>>
>>> My PGAdmin3 compilation (configuration) fails with:
>>>
>>> configure: error: The version of wxWidgets required (2.8) is not supported by
>>> the installations in /usr.
>>>
>>> My WX Widgets configuration is:
>>>
>>> ======
>>> Configured wxWidgets 3.0.2 for `x86_64-dt-linux-gnu'
>>>
>>>   Which GUI toolkit should wxWidgets use?                 GTK+ 2 with support
>>> for GTK+ printing libnotify
>>>   Should wxWidgets be compiled into single library?       no
>>>   Should wxWidgets be linked as a shared library?         yes
>>>   Should wxWidgets support Unicode?                       yes (using wchar_t)
>>>   What level of wxWidgets compatibility should be enabled?
>>>                                        wxWidgets 2.6      no
>>>                                        wxWidgets 2.8      yes
>>>   Which libraries should wxWidgets use?
>>>                                        STL                no
>>>                                        jpeg               sys
>>>                                        png                sys
>>>                                        regex              builtin
>>>                                        tiff               sys
>>>                                        zlib               sys
>>>                                        expat              sys
>>>                                        libmspack          no
>>>                                        sdl                no
>>> =======
>>>
>>> So that you can see that wxWidgets 2.8 IS supported (as a compatibility mode).
>>>
>>> Is it the case that PGAdmin3 SHOULD compile and work with the latest WX
>>> Widgets, provided that 2.8 compatibility is enabled?
>>
>> This has never been tested as far as I'm aware. It does work with 3.0
>> in general, though there are a few glitches.
>>
>>> If so, is there a problem with the configuration that fails to detect this
>>> support?
>>
>> The config script certainly doesn't know how to use 3.0 in 2.8
>> compatibility mode.
>>

> I believe there are a few things to verify and test enabling this to be possible:
> http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/overview_changes_since28.html
>
> It *would* be nice to migrate to the new wx Widgets code base, though.

The vast majority of the work to support 3.0 (in non-compatibility
mode) has been done. It just needs some tweaks. I tried it a couple of
days ago as it happens, and the only issue I saw in a quick test was
that the "Connecting to server" busy panel now sits on top of the
"Enter password" dialogue, instead of the other way round. Patches
welcome :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com